Category: B&W Portrait
Taking photos of pets is not as easy as taking photos of people. You can convey to people how and when to pose for certain pictures, but it is not that easy with pets.
However, there are certain tips that you can use to ensure that you get that “just right” photo of a pet.
1. Get to know the pet before you start to shoot photos. It is very important that the pet feels comfortable with you and doesn’t feel threatened in any way.
2. Photograph the pet in its own surroundings. Cats and dogs are easier to photograph in a familiar environment. It is much easier to shoot a photo of a pet in its own home than in a studio.
3. Get the pet comfortable with the camera. Take several pictures before trying to photograph the pet so the pet will be familiar with the sound and light from the camera.
Getting the right photos of pets can be challenging at times.
Different pets involve different challenges, but there are tricks that can make pet photography easy.
In order to get different poses from a dog, you need to get the dog to trust you and to not fear you.
1. Study the dog and watch his behavior. Watch how he reacts in certain situations. Then capture him at just the right moment.
2. Get close up and personal with the dog. Get on his level and take close up photos and capture his expressions.
3. Use treats. You can use treats to re-enforce the dog’s behavior and get re-actions.
Taking photos of cats is much different than taking photos of dogs. Cats are normally less active and more graceful. Here are a few tricks to get different poses from a cat.
1. Gently pet the cat. Gently stroke the cat’s fur and soon you will have him purring.
Watch the cat interact with his owner. Cats love their owners so capture pictures of them together.
3. Use toys. Cats love to play with balls and rubber mice. So you need to have toys on hand.
Marketing a pet photography business is very easy.
1. Buy ads in the local newspaper. Post the ads in the pets section of the newspaper.
2. Post flyers on bulletin boards. Post the flyers at supermarkets and laundromats where people frequent.
3. Find some pet owners. Photograph their pets for reduced fee and the word will spread quickly.
4. Make your services available to pet stores. They may recommend you to their customers.
5. Visit humane societies. Offer to photograph dogs and cats that are available for adoption.
It is also a good idea to visit hunting lodges and get acquainted with the owners. The owners see and know many people who would love to have you photograph their pets. Spend time checking out what they offer and even ask to use their lodges to do some photo shoots.
Thinking of upgrading to a Canon 580EXII speedlite? Get hooked up with the best suppliers for camera equipment including the 580EXII speedlite. Read reviews and find the best prices. Find your best deal at http://580EXII-Speedlite.com today ! Get 430EXII information too.
There are several ways of taking a photograph, but the most difficult one to have a portrait, which can be completely accurate from all the portrait photographic aspects. Here are some ideas and tips to have creative and awesome family portrait photography.
1) Total number of members in the photograph should be determined before having the portrait. All the members should be lined up accurately for the photograph and the photograph must ensure that the emotions and the personality, which is going to be shown in the photograph, will describe the real emotions and the frame the accurate personality in the portrait for each of the family member.
2) Thematic family portraits can be a good idea. For this you can suggest the family to dressed up and change their mood according to the theme selected. This sort of portrait photography is also keeping an important place in each and every family member’s heart. But the selection of the theme for the portrait should be précised and according to the personality of the family members. Otherwise it will deteriorate the complete photograph.
3) For excellent and creative wedding photography you can also do some research by reading magazines, browsing images over the internet, or can take references from the art books, for new and different look family portrait photograph.
4) The outfit of the subjects should choose after a brief consultation, and avoid the same kind of the outfits for the each family member. Try to style your subject in such a way, that their outfits will itself describe their personality and state of mind. The styling is also an important aspect of the portrait photography.
5) Another important thing which can make your photograph even more interesting and creative is the Location, where the photograph is going to taken. For the family portrait photography, the location is very important. You must select the place for the photograph according to the wardrobe, theme and the personalities of the family members. The location for the purpose must be selected very carefully.
6) The family portrait photography must have some unique “wow” factor in it, which makes it different from the other normal portrait photographs. This wow factor can be achieved by using some extra creative idea for the portrait, which makes it eyes-stopper for the person who is looking over it. The photograph without this wow factor makes no sense to have with you. It is also an important prospect of the family portrait photography.
So these are some tips and ideas to make you Family Portraits Bristol much more creative, attractive and unique from the others.
The author has been writing articles on various topics from last three years. With this article, he wants to share information on Family Portraits Bristol
Maternity or pregnancy photography is more delicate than regular photography, given that regular photography pertains to subjects not carrying another human being inside their body. As we all know, expecting women are prone to indigestion, dizzy spells and mood swings. Pregnancy photography demands more skill and patience from a photographer.
And this is why pregnancy photography has become a sort of specialization. More so, capturing both mother and baby bump can be a little tricky for the garden-variety photographer. Producing beautiful and meaningful photographs entails a significant amount of experience from the photographer.
The results also depend largely on the cooperation of the subject. This is why more women venture into this side of photography because they understand how pregnancy is, and the subjects in turn feel more at ease. Photographers, moreover, opt to work in locations and terms that the subject feels comfortable with.
The location would typically be the subjects home, or if she feels comfortable, the photographers studio. Photographers like those in Toronto pregnancy photography studios make sure that the subject gets a feel first of the photographers studio and allow her to decide whether she wants to shoot there or not. These studios are designed for the subjects comfort and equipped with tools and props that can make the shooting experience more fun and natural.
Moreover, a photographer like a Toronto pregnancy photographer should be sensitive to the subjects reactions and body language. Pregnancy is a difficult phase and should be handled with utmost tact. The subject may not be comfortable in showing her belly and may feel embarrassed by this. A good pregnancy photographer should be able to recognize this through her body language and should be able to react in a way that would make things more comfortable for the subject.
Lastly, like any portrait photographer, a pregnancy or maternity photographer should be able to highlight the subjects best features. The tricky part in maternity portraiture is that the photographer shouldnt only be able to find the subjects best facial angle, but the bellys as well. The point of maternity photography, says a Toronto maternity photography expert, is to capture the beauty of that specific moment in a womans life.
Visit www.JenniferCotmanPhotography.ca for more details
Family photographers must keep in mind many things when shooting a pregnancy portrait. You must allot time in preparing for this monumental time within someone’s life. You must give one hundred percent to each individual family for this could very well turn into future profits when they brag about how much they were pleased with their family photographer.
Prepare for the event by planning every pregnancy portrait carefully. You want to carefully analyze what type of poses would be memorable within this pregnancy portrait. Listen to Mom but be ready to add in your own professional advice. Carefully plan on weather conditions and the type of environment in which you will be shooting if the photos are being taken outdoors.
Make sure you take multiple photographs. Regardless of what the family will say or do, people will always blink. Make sure you are ready to do perform a reshoot of the pregnancy portrait at any given time.
A good family photographer will be ready in a second for those unexpected things, which occur during pregnancy portraits.
Have some funny things to say to Mom as she is standing nervously waiting for you to take her picture. Make her smile! Do not use the same phrase repeatedly, this will seem rehearsed and will more than likely make Mom even more nervous. A natural smile will shine through in the pregnancy portrait. Family photographers should focus on making Mom as comfortable as possible in creating the best pregnancy portrait possible.
Keep in mind when shooting pregnancy portraits inside differs greatly from the outdoors. Use a wide lens, which will give you a more telephoto setting. Pay extra attention to any people who are on the end, you do not want to cut them out; this could prove embarrassing for any family photographer. Make sure there is enough space in the picture for all family members.
Consider your flashes carefully. Increase the ISO setting or you can move to a brighter location in the room. If you need to be, further away for that perfect shot of Mom then change your settings to blur the background. The best photography poses with pregnancy pictures will not look right with distracting backgrounds. Mom and her unborn child are the sole focus of this portrait.
Make sure no mirrors or anything reflective is within the background of the pregnancy portrait. Only take pictures where the flash is not perpendicular to the surface but at an angle.
Make the setting for the pregnancy portrait as natural as possible. This will allow Mom to feel more comfortable when she recognizes she is the sole focus of the photography session. Good family photographers will ensure this happens in not only an expedient manner but also a professional manner.
BabyPregnancyPhotography.com is the Internet’s premier resource for pregnancy portraits, with facts and articles on topics such as pregnancy portraits, and much more. Click the links above for more information!